Inkle Weaving Resources
The lists below are far from being comprehensive yet. Your feedback
will expand this page so that others can benefit from the collective
inkle weaving knowledge. If you know of resources that should be
on this page (books, videos, websites, newsgroups, etc.) click on
the "Contact Us" link above and submit the information.
Books, Magazines, Catalogs
A magazine for weavers. Mostly, this magazine is geared toward weaving fabric
on fabric looms but there are periodic references to tablet and inkle weaving.
The ads are a good resource for fibers. The magazine is available on magazine
racks of larger bookstores and comes out bi-monthly. The Jan/Feb '96 issue
had a couple of articles with projects using inkle bands.
Unicorn Books and Crafts, Inc.
1338 Ross Street
Petaluma, CA 94954-6502
- Glimåkra Belt Loom (non-continuous warp)
- Fabric Looms & Accessories
- Spinning Wheels & Accessories
- Lacemaking Supplies & Accessories
33 Haywood Street
Asheville, NC 28801
Full catalog $2
- Rug making
- ...and LOTS more
Weavers' International Studies and Techniques)
(Formerly TWINE: Tablet Weavers International News Exchange)
Bibliography to the Instructions Pages
- Birrell, Verla. (1959) The Textile Arts. New York: Harper
& Row, Publishers
Helene. (1990) Inkle Weaving. Rockville, MD: Flower
Valley Press (ISBN 0-9620543-1-3)
- Holland, Nina. (1973) Inkle Loom Weaving. New York: Watson-Guptill
Publications (ISBN 0-273-00406-9)
- Holland, Nina. (1978) The Weaving Primer. Radnor, PA:
Chilton Book Company (ISBN 0-8019-6625-6)
- Moseley, S., Johnson, P. and Koenig, H. (1963) Crafts Design.
Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company, Inc.
- Naumann, R. and Hull, R. (1973) The Off-Loom Weaving Book.
New York: Charles Scribner's Sons (ISBN 684-13303-2)
- Smith, Frances B. (1976) Inkle Loom Weaving. New York:
Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. (ISBN 0-8069-5348-9)